African American Research - Reconstruction Project
The Reconstruction Project is a four-hour research package retainer designed for customers who want to focus on a specific ancestor or ancestral family line.
If you want a complete family tree, please choose the Family Tree research package.
The Reconstruction Project retainer fee includes:
- A private consultation, which is a personalized and professional genealogy consultation by phone or video chat, with you, your family members, and anyone who shares your ancestry.
- Research, locating and acquire documents, analyze, create a family tree of your family project, write the report, and prepare your project for shipping.
- Copying, postage, shipping, handling; extra copies of each report is additional.
- It is my goal to complete your research goal within the four hours that you purchase, if your goal exceeds four hours of research time, I will ask by email if you want to draw a conclusion to the family project or purchase additional research hours.
- Retainers are non-refundable.
Unless otherwise negotiated, it takes 3-4 months from the time of purchase to complete a Reconstruction Project.
I recommend that clients take a minimum of one and preferably two DNA tests. These tests can assist in getting past brick walls due to slavery, record loss and undefined relationships. I can assist you in choosing a DNA testing service. If you agree to take a test, research will not begin until after the results are finished and delivered.