African American Research - Freedom Project
Some of our African American ancestors were born free, ran away to freedom, or became free. Most arrived in the United States by 1790 and each of our ancestors have completely unique stories. After Congress passed the 13th Amendment in 1865, legal slavery was ended in the United States.
The Freedom Project is a four hour research package retainer designed for customers who want to focus on a specific ancestor or ancestral family line.
If you want a complete family tree, please choose the Family Tree research package.
The Freedom Project retainer fee includes:
- A private consultation, which is a personalized and professional genealogy consultation by phone or video chat, with you, your family members, and anyone who shares your ancestry.
- Research, locating and acquiring documents, analysis, creating a family tree of your family project, writing the report, and preparing your project for shipping.
- Copying, postage, shipping, handling; extra copies of each report is additional.
- It is my goal to complete your research goal within the four hours that you purchase, if your goal exceeds four hours of research time, I will ask by email if you want to draw a conclusion to the family project or purchase additional research hours.
- Retainers are non-refundable.
Unless otherwise negotiated, it takes 3-4 months from the time of purchase to complete a Freedom Project.
I recommend that clients take a minimum of one and preferably two DNA tests. These tests can assist in getting past brick walls due to slavery, record loss and undefined relationships. I can assist you in choosing a DNA testing service. If you agree to take a test, research will not begin until after the results are finished and delivered.